Popular Posts

Tuesday, November 25, 2014

   Sometimes I take myself and the minor problems in my life too seriously. Certainly we all have challenges, obstacles and roadblocks and some are insurmountable, but overall we just put one foot in front of the other it all works out. If you are a believer like me in the end we receive our just reward with our Creator in Heaven. I am wont to wallow in my grief, and unable at times to realize the insignificance of our problems but for the most part I can stay in the moment and be happy..

  Usually just passing by a homeless person on the street, witnessing an accident or some other tragedy can snap me back to reality and make me realize the gift that has been given me. For one, I was recently married to a high school sweetheart that has changed my life in a dramatic way. Sometimes all I have to is to look into the faces of my children and realize all is right with the world. I have friends scattered across the country, endless opportunities and quite frankly right now I have all one could ask for.

   This is the season of thanksgiving, the season of receiving and the season of giving. Take a minute and look around and see what you have been given no matter how trivial. Give thanks for the gifts you have been given, and above all give back those gifts to others. No other season matches this one. Let us not squander it, but use it in the way it is meant to be. Reach out to old friends, give to those less fortunate and most of all be able to receive the gift given to you, life, love, and salvation. Accept this gift from me, my friendship, my help whenever I can give it, my love for you as a fellow human being and the hope that this next year is better than the last, full of joy, love and success. Give this same gift to others and watch it come back to you.

   These are really all we have to give each other. This year let us give these gifts in abundance and with sincerity. Share what we have, rejoice in the chance that we can still have peace on Earth and good will toward men. Do not give up on the dream of happiness, wealth and abundance no matter how you measure it. Happy Holidays, Merry Christmas and may you all be blessed with what you need and want.

1 comment: